Wednesday, November 5, 2014

More Dachshunds!

Today's card uses the Newton's Nook Holiday Hounds stamp set and is going to be a Christmas card for my Grandmother who also has dachshunds.  The cute stamp with the dachshund in the stocking inspired me to create a fireplace background on which to hang the dachshund stockings.  I didn't have any fireplace stamps, so I decided to draw my own.  I looked around on Pinterest for some inspiration.  I used Copic Multiliners to draw the fireplace around the three dachshund stockings I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I then used my Copic markers to color in the wood, bricks, fire, and stockings.  I used my Wink of Stella clear brush pen to add some shimmer to the fire.  I cut out a simple white tag for the sentiment which was stamped in Versamark Ink and embossed with Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder.



Inky Paws Challenge #15 - Add a Little Sparkle - Newton's Nook Designs

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable- those doxies look so cute and warm by the fire! I'm impressed that your drew your own fireplace! great job! Thanks so much for playing along with our inky paws challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAY! Doxie Mommas UNITE! Love your sweet card, I am sure your grandmother will too! (particularly good job coloring the black & red!)

    ReplyDelete